As we shift gears into winter with athletes beginning their off-season programs it’s safe to say that many don’t stop training! Here are some hydration tips from our Hydration Partner Nuun:
- Have a hydration plan – carry a belt or stash some bottles along your route.
- Be well hydrated prior to your activity – drink Nuun Active Hydration the night before/morning of your key workouts.
- Aim to drink 3-4 liters of water per day – drink Nuun All Day packed with all-natural vitamins and minerals!
- Be sure to include Nuun in your recovery regimen – have a glass of warm lemon tea post run. Bonus: caffeine has been known to enhance glycogen re-synthesis speeding up the recovery process
- As always pay attention to signs and symptoms of dehydration and inadequate fluid stores. Post-run headaches, muscle cramping, and fatigue are all signals that your body needs water and electrolytes