Please take a moment and review the submissions to the 2015 MEHC Poster Contest.
In celebration of the 50th edition of the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb we will be hosting a nation-wide contest inviting artists to create a commemorative event poster. All types of artists – professional, amateur, aspiring – are encouraged to let their creativity climb to new heights and submit their designs by June 10, 2015.
Creative Vision: The goal of the MEHC Poster Contest is to build awareness for the Mt. Evans Hill Climb and celebrate 50 years of racing up the highest paved road in North America.
Create a poster that celebrates the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb. There are so many elements to consider such the history of the race, and the many famous racers that have participated; Bob Cook and his unique story; the amazing natural environment on Mt. Evans with the Echo Lake, Summit Lake, Lincoln Lake and Mt. Goliath, not to mention the variety of animals that call it home; Idaho Springs, the mountain town that is the gateway to Mt. Evans and more. For more information: bicyclerace.com or check out the Facebook page
- Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb Logo
- 50th Anniversary Logo
- Click here to download
Prizes and Awards: The winning poster will receive a cash prize of $250; the original framed; a Mt. Evans Hill Climb/Idaho Springs Bag of Commemorative items; and of course an entry into the 50th edition of the Mt. Evans Hill Climb. The top 10 posters will be on display during the month of July in Idaho Springs. Copies of the winning poster will be presented to the winners of each category and a limited number will be offered for purchase/The originals will be placed in a silent auction on the day of the race.
- June 12, 2015 Final Day for Entries
- June 14—19 2015 Facebook Fans will vote for their top 10 entries
- June 20—23, 2015 Committee chooses winner from the top 10
- June 24 2015 Winner Announced
If the Selection Committee determines that there are no suitable submissions, it may, at its sole discretion, select another artist to produce poster art. The selection committee will be comprised of Race Director Team Evergreen Board Members and select individuals associated with the bike race. The Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb reserves the right to retain submissions for consideration in following years.
Rules & Regulations
- You are only allowed to submit original unpublished works that you have created that does not include material in which a third party has intellectual property rights to the MEHC Poster Contest
- Do NOT publish your submitted poster art on Facebook or other social media, or any website until after the winners are announced
- Each entry must not, in the sole discretion of the MEHC Poster Contest 2015, be obscene, indecent, offensive, violent, hateful, or libelous, or contain any other content otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of the MEHC Poster Contest.
- Please do not enter promotional or advertising poster in the contest, these will not be accepted
- The work should be created Poster size: 24” x 36” – portrait oriented only
- Please design your poster at 300 dpi (CMYK) or greater but send it to us at 72 dpi (RGB) and jpeg, eps or pdf format. Remember the orientation is vertical only
- You may submit as many entries as you like but will need to submit them separately and with a new entry form
Entrants agree to release the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb and Team Evergreen from any and all liability resulting from submitting poster art. The Selected artist, by acceptance of the honorarium agrees to release the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb, Team Evergreen and all its officers, directors, volunteers, and agents from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the compensation. Except where prohibited (i) acceptance of the compensation constitutes consent to use the Selected artist’s name, likeness, and art submission for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) the Selected artist will be required to sign a copyright license/liability/publicity /permission release upon honorarium receipt. Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb and Team Evergreen reserves the right to select an alternate artist if the selected artist fails to consent to such a release.
General: The selected artist is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, liabilities and forms associated with the honorarium. The Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb and Team Evergreen reserves the right to require any forms for eligibility, release of liability, compensation acceptance and/or tax purposes within 7 days of notification. Noncompliance within 7 days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate artist. The Poster Art submittors agree to abide by the terms of these Official Guidelines and by the decisions of the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb Poster Art Selection Committee, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Poster Art Submission.