Former professional cyclist and 6 time winner of the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Climb Scott Moninger will be returning in 2015 to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Race. When Scott retired he had 275 career victories, the most of any active US racers at the time of retirement. In addition to this Mt. Evans Hill Climb wins, some of the highlights of his 17 year racing career include:
- 1992 and 2005, #1 ranked road rider in the USA (NRC Series)
- Voted VeloNews North American Male road cyclist of the year, 2005
- 4-time Winner: Cascade Cycling Classic & 4-time Winner Nevada city Classic
- 2-time Winner: Redlands Classic, Tour de Tooona, & Tour of the Gila
- 1st Overall: 1996 Suntour, “Zinger Classic” 2000, and Overall 2006 Tour of Utah
- US National Road team member 1987 – 1990
- US World Amateur Road team member – 1990, Japan
- US World Professional Road Team member – 1999 Verona, Italy
As for Mt. Evans he started and finished the 18 times, won 6 times and finished in the top three 14 times.
Scott will be among the many special guests that will be returning to participate in the race and celebrate this amazing race. It is the oldest race in Colorado.
On the evening on July 25th, there will be an anniversary dinner at Echo Lake Lodge and many of the post winners will be including.